HOME > Investor Relations > Monthly Retail Data > UNIQLO Sales Data (Japan)

UNIQLO Sales Data (Japan)

Last Updated: 2016.05.06
to Japanese page

Latest Monthly Sales Figures

Year to August 2016 (September 1, 2015 ~ August 31, 2016)

Monthly Sales for April 2016

PDFBulletin on sales for April 2016 (43KB)

Y/Y (%)
Same Stores Directly-run Stores Directly-run Stores + Online Sales
734 Stores Yr to Date 807 Stores Yr to Date Yr to Date
Net Sales 101.3 98.6 101.0 98.1 102.3 99.7
Customer Numbers 92.8 93.4 92.6 93.0 93.8 94.3
Average Purchase per Customer 109.1 105.5 109.1 105.5 109.1 105.7
Note:
Same stores: The change in the number of stores from the beginning through to the final day of the business year.
Directly-run Stores: Refers to existing stores, plus store changes of less than a year's duration as of previous year, business year end, plus new store openings in the current business.
Online Sales: Total direct mail and corporate sales.

(This data refers purely to UNIQLO stores within Japan and does not include any UNIQLO stores outside of Japan or non-UNIQLO businesses.)

Sales Comment for the month of April 2016

Directly-run Store Openings and Closures:

Openings:
8 UNIQLO stores
Closures:
5 UNIQLO stores

Please click here for UNIQLO store opening/closing (Japan) data by month.

Sales Comment:

April 2016 same-store sales increased by 1.3% year on year while sales at our own stores increased by 1.0%. Total sales including online sales increased by 2.3%.

Same-store sales rose year on year in April with higher temperatures through mid-month boosting sales of items featured in our latest advertising campaigns.

Other information:

Seven stores were forced to close temporarily due to damage following the April 14 Kumamoto earthquake. Two of those stores had managed to reopen for business by the end of April.
Five existing stores suffered earthquake damage. Of those five, four stores, which had been unable to operate for over a week, were removed from the same-store total before the month's data were calculated.
However, the total number of 807 directly run UNIQLO Japan stores includes all five stores which are temporarily closed at this point in time.

 

Monthly Sales Figures (Historical)

Top of page


Powered by Megahub Limited Disclaimer